My Cat Mio
by Kaysha Stanley
My cat Mio is one of the strangest cats I've ever encountered. She's only six months old but I can already tell this is going to be a fun journey for her and me.
I got her one day with a friend because they were going to give her away, and I thought she was gorgeous and I've always loved Siamese cats. Over the past few months things I've realized that's not normal about her are ...
- She licks me. All the time - one day she licked my whole hand, literally!
- When she eats she scratches at the carpet like she would if she were using the litter box.
- She likes to sleep next to my head. Past cats I've owned barely slept with me at all. If I am laying on my back she will lay on my stomach in between my breasts. If I am on my side she will lay on my side, honestly, right on me! She'll sleep with me the majority of the night.
- When she lays down to relax she spreads out on all fours - I don't know if it's because she is getting fat or what.
- She absolutely hates when people touch her stomach.
- Last but not least she will lay on my phone if I look at it too much. She will distract me to make me get up, and she'll be laying on my phone. Or (like right now) she keeps walking in front of my phone screen and rubbing her head on mine.
She is a crazy, all around attention-seeker. I thought I just had a weird cat but apparently it runs in her family!
Reply from Caroline:
I love the way Mio's lying in your photo, Kaysha. I don't think it's just Siamese cats that do that although a lot of Siamese also seem to lie that way. I don't really know why they do it, either, but somebody's bound to let me know!
With her white back feet she looks a little like a Snowshoe - does she have white front paws as well?
Cats tend to scratch around their food bowls if they don't finish all the food in it - in the wild they'd probably bury any leftover food and this indoor behavior is their way of 'burying' their leftovers.
My own cat sleeps on the bed with us (he thinks of it as his bed!) and will often sleep right on me, too - for some reason, he doesn't often sleep on my husband.
Mio's very pretty - I love the expression on her face in your picture!
Where to next? You might also enjoy:
Have You Discovered Our Newsletter?
If not, why not? Subscribe to our email newsletter, Meezer Musings, to stay in touch, be the first to see new information and pages as they come out, and read the things we only talk about in the newsletter.
Learn more about it on our Newsletter Sign-Up page.